Welcome to the Hopkins District Library
Teen Librarian - Applications due by March 9th. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duties: Aids Library director in planning and conducting a library program to meet the community needs. Is responsible for the library program in the absence of the Library Director. Is responsible for creating and maintaining a teen advisory board with a representative that will attend library board meetings. Will be the library’s outreach coordinator for all middle and high school outreach, events and other programming with assistance as needed. Suggests and promotes teen materials in the library including but not limited to books, magazines, dvd’s, databases, makerspace kits, games, etc. Coordinates teen volunteers around the library, creates lists of assignments, and keeps records of volunteer hours. Stays current in trends in teen librarianship. Assists with locating and writing grant applications for additional funding. Assists library clerk in duties.
- Specific Functions: Selects and orders teen library materials. Catalogs, classifies and prepares materials for teen/children’s section. Assists in the preparation of a budget for teen materials and programming. Keeps collection current and in good condition by weeding, binding or replacement. Conducts Teen Reading Club and special programs. Orients teen groups in use of the Library. Offers reading and reference service. Coordinates library service with schools and teen groups. Consults Library Director regarding purchases and programs prior to institution. Keeps library materials in proper order and other duties as assigned by the Library Director.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A broad understanding of library services. General knowledge of library methods. Communicates effectively with staff and the public. Current certification according to minimum standards for Systems and Public Libraries and authorized by State of Michigan. Specific education and knowledge of teen/children’s needs. Demonstrate enthusiasm in continuing education.
- Regarding Job Duties: These job duties will be assigned to the Teen Librarian if she/he has the qualifications necessary to perform them in a knowledgeable manner. The Teen Librarian will be expected to perform all, or a portion of, the job duties listed depending upon his/her level of ability.
- 15-17 hours a week
- Regularly scheduled holidays are paid.
- Pay dependent on experience
Need to find a new book? Looking for a new author?
Check out these websites and find something new!
Allreaders.com will let you search for new material in several different ways.
You can look into genera you like (Romance, Sci-fi, Mystery/Thriller... on the top in tabs),
or you can search for a favorite author (#1),
or you can search (#2) for books but themes/characteristics/location/plot... (this is my favorite option!).
Give it a try and let us know what you think!Good Reads
- Book reviews, top sellers, author interviews, and news headlines